Malaysian Getaway


Finally, after the long years of being away from home, I decided to be with my family and watch my children grow and do the things that really matters the most for me and pursue my long lost dream that I thought will never come to realization- thanks to the people who trusted and believe in my capabilities that I am given the opportunity not only to be with my loved ones but realize my dream. Leaving Dubai is not an easy decision. It took me months to ponder on the consequences that I have to face but I brave myself on putting all my things on packages and send them home piece by piece – all of those has memories that I always treasure. I am that sentimental- I value each piece that I worked so hard for, each gifts that contains memories and friendship that could never be traded of anything. And the last thing to do is to pack my suitcase and be ready to face my today for a better tomorrow. First drop of is Amazing Thailand. I immersed myself in a place with all the richness of culture I have seen and experience. I know it is exaggerated, as I am well aware that each place is a perfect place for a holiday destination until such time you discover its flaws and imperfections. But I would say it is one of the best places to visit. But before I really head home.… I have to have my Malaysian getaway. I am lucky enough to have people who assisted me on booking my flights and booking my hotel. A place I would recommend- A resort within the city- Mines Wellness Hotel. Located at Mines Resort City, in Seri Kembangan, Mines Hotel is a 20-minute drive from shopping options in Kuala Lumpur like Pavilion Mall and Suria KLCC. Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) is a 35-minute drive from the hotel . This is a perfect place to unwind, relax and rejuvenate yet has all the convenience of having its own mall, a walking distance from the hotel. Away from the hustle and the bustle of city life, with a calmness of a zen-type accommodation facing a lake with all of the amenities that we can enjoy, such as a complimentary spa service, ayurvedic treatments and body massage are available at Zen Spa. Guests can also exercise at the gym, play volleyball or join scheduled Qi Gong lessons in the gardens ,free use of sauna and gym, pool, free intercontinental breakfast buffet, free shuttle service to KLCC(pick and drop according to hotel timings, a golf view, free Chinese herbal check up- a compliment from the hotel, free wifi, a homely ambiance and very accommodating staff that promptly attend to your needs- this is a service I could not ask for more. With this kind of package, I happen to choose to relax rather than explore the city everyday- well- I promised to explore it with my next visit with my family.

First day was really just to relax since I arrived late 7:45 pm, so I had my dinner – kumpung rice( a Malaysian rice meal) with stir fried shrimp. Then off to my haven and enjoy the scenic view from my hotel room.
Second day, breakfast delivered in my room( a service fit for a tourist) and then lazing around the hotel vicinity. Then head to KLCC and visit the famous Petronas Tower- a must visit in Kuala Lumpur. And just an interesting fact about this tower: Designed by Argentine architect César Pelli and Filipino-Malaysian Engineer Deejay Cerico under the consultancy of J. C. Guinto, and Filipino Designer Dominic "Minick" Saibo, the Petronas Towers were completed in 1998 after seven years of construction and became the tallest buildings in the world- something for us Filipinos to be proud of: we have produced world class workforce. Had lunch- Malaysian way- and bought some presents for my family. Took some souvenir shots of Petronas Tower, and since I am too lazy to explore the city this time, I decided to watch movie- yes, A movie at KLCC movie house(lol) watching BATTLESHIP for 10 Malaysian Ringgit which in due respect for the movie was really good plus the good thought of watching it in Malaysia is a memory. Then head back to the hotel to enjoy the rest of my stay. The last day of my stay is just pure exploring of the resort, a quick swim in the infinity lagoon, a stroll at the organic park, chitchats with the hotel staff and a hearty breakfast. Then to perfect my relaxation mode, grab my book, which is for me, a perfect company for me during my travel, titled How to get from Where you are to where you want to be ( book review will be posted in this blog) by Jack Canfield- co author of Chicken Soup for the Soul series and lounge pool subbed surrounded by trees that really helped me clear my anxiety and treated my stress added to it the massage that I got from the Chinese spa that the Hotel has prepared for its guests.

 This Hotel is good for us- working individuals with a busy lifestyle- it helps us to meditate and treat stress in a natural way. Surely, I will be coming back in the near future. Any inquiries about this hotel, check Mines wellness Resort in Kuala Lumpur or book it at www.hotels.com. This has a very reasonable price and it is all worth it.

Comments