How to Get from Where You Are to where You want to Be

 How to get from where you are to where you want to be
 Author: Jack Canfield
Learn to cook healthier food. Say no in the face of peer pressure. Quit and find a better ob. Take time to conduct due diligence. Trust your own gut feeling. GO BACK TO SCHOOL TO PURSUE YOUR DREAM. Take better care of your possession. Reach out for help. Ask others to assist you. Take a self-development class.
This is the quote that I first bump into this book when I was looking for answers to the questions of fulfilling my dream. When everyone seems to worry that I am not making the right decision. Yet, I brave myself to do the thing that I always longed to do. If you are a selfhelp book reader, this book is a must have to read. Or if you are thinking of buying a book, then I would recommend to have one or maybe borrow this from a friend who already have read this book. Most of the examples I know we are all aware of already or have encountered such things in our own day to day dealings in life but we are too stubborn to recognize the flaws in our lives. We are too proud to accept the fact that there is something wrong. I will be quoting the 25 principles written and delivered in this book – not because I have done and practise everything in my life but just to share and a reference for me as well, when my stubbornness strikes.
 The 25 Principles on How to be Successful 
 1. Take 100% responsibility for Your life.
 • I must take personal responsibility. I could not change the circumstances, the seasons or the wind, but I can change myself. Everything that I have experienced today is the result of the choices I have made in the past
  2. Be clear why you are Here
• I should be clear on my life’s purpose
 3. Decide what you want
 • That I should not live on someone else dream.
 • That I should stop settling for less than I want
4. Believe It’s possible
 • Whatever the mind can conceive and believe it can receive
5. Believe in Yourself
 I have believe in myself when NO One else does.
 - those who win are those who think they can - No matter how bad it is or how bad it gets. I am going to make it
 6. Become an Inverse paranoid God has something better for me
 7. Unleash the Power of Goal-setting
 • You can loose the material things but you can never loose mastery
 8. Chunk it Down 
 • The Secret of getting ahead is getting started
. 9. Success leaves Clues 
• Seek out clues. Get ideas from those who have already done it.
 10. Release the brakes
 • Everything I want is just outside my comfort zone.
11. See what you want, Get what you see 
 • Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s attractions.
12. Act as if
 • Believe and act as if it is impossible to fail
13. Take Action 
• If my ship does not come in. I should swim out to meet it,
• I can never learn less but I can only learn more, the reason I know so much is because I have made mistakes so much.
 14. Experience your fear and Take Action Anyway
  • We come in this world but once. We can either tiptoe through life or live it to the fullest.
15. Ask! Ask! Ask!
 16. Reject Rejection
  I should never allow rejection to bring me down.
17. Use feedback to Your Advantage
 • Feedback is the breakfast of the champions
 18. Commit to constant and Never Ending Improvement
 • If I fall down seven times, I should get up 8 times
 19. Practice Persistence
• I should never give up on my dreams beca know it is not going to be easy. there will be a lot of heart breaking failure that will come on my way but I will refuse to be discouraged by my defeats.I will never give up on my hopes and dreams. I should press on.It will be too soon to quit
. "For in every failure there will always be an alternative course of action. If I encounter a failure I should know how to find a detour."
 20. Practice the Rule of Five
 • Success is the sum o small efforts, repeated dai in and day out
 21. Surround Yourself with Successful People
 • I am the average of the people I always go out with. I should avoid people who loves to drag me down. 22. Clean Up your Messes And Incomplete
Which I am currently into.
 The 4 D's of Completion:
do it.
 Delegate it:
Delay it: or
 Drop it.

Some things that We failed to complete before Moving on: 
  • former business activities
  • Promises not kept
  • unpaid debts
  • closets overflowing with clothes not worn
  • disorganized garage
  • checkbook not balanced or accounts not closed
  • juck drawers full of unusable items
  • missing or broken tools
  • incomplete car maintenance
  • filing left undone
  • desk surface cluttered
  • mending or ironing left undone
  • people need to forgive
  • personal relationships with unstated resentments or acknowledgements
  •  incomplete projects
  • acknowledgements needed to be asked
 23. Develop 4 New Success Habits Every year  

Success is a a matter of understanding and religiously practising specific, simple habits.

24. Stay Focused on your Core Genius
 Success follows  upon doing what you want to do. I have to do what I love doing and everything else will follow.

25. START NOW1 JUST DO IT!
 A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step.

For every who got to where they are had to begin from where they were.

Comments