The United Arab Emirates and me...


A journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step.



It was year 2005 when i finally decided to take a giant leap of fate. It was when I decided to quit my job in the Philippines to take the chance to find a greener pasteur for me to be able to give a better life to my family. A comfortable life. It was a very uncertain decision not knowing how UAE looks like and all i ever know is that it is an Islamic country.
With tears and uncertainties, I brave myself to pack my things and leave my kids behind. For the fulfillment of my dreams. I never thought that this place will open new and wider horizon for me. to meet old friends, and meet new people who broaden my perspectives in life. I have experienced to trust, to work harder, to gamble, to love, to lie, to dream and most of all to realize my dreams whatever it takes.
I have experienced how it is to be loved, to be trusted, to be betrayed, to be belittled, to be uplifted, to gain friends, to realize my dreams to dream more, and to aim for the best and to get and demand what i deserve.

I have learned to hate people, to differentiate people and to know myself better. I have been with people who stick with me no matter what and learned that friendship is not measured by how long you know each other or how near you are but it is on how you feel for each other. I have known my friends and foe. I have loved my job and learned to love myself more.

This place have given me so much that I can ask for. And if I will be asked in which place I can call my second home. It is here... I may not be a local in this place but I have embraced its people, the culture, the life it gives me and the place that helped me fulfill my dream. So long, I don't know when will I be back in this place, but I hope one day... in God's will.


Comments