Khassab, Oman Tour

It is Ramadan for our Muslim brothers and sisters around the world. and the observe fasting that we need to respect in any way. A rich culture that has never been changed by the modern technologies and i adore them on that. And after a long month of fasting and abstinence, Eid is on its way and I always have good memories of Ramadan and Eid Al Fitr. During Ramadan, I learned the essence of fasting and of giving, of love and care. Then Eid came and I also learned the value of gifting, but what thrills me most was my unforgettable experience of my Eid getaway in Kassab Oman.
Living away from family is the hardest thing i have endured for so long. Loneliness and homesickness is killing me. But for the love of my family, I need to survive and my only way of coping up is to travel.
Not decided on what activities to do on my 3 days Eid holiday last 2011, sorry for late posting, i decided to pen down my travel experience because i am feeling the spirit of Ramadan within me right at this moment, (I am not a Muslim, but yes, I do fast sometimes for the betterment of my spirituality), I went to my travel agency . Orient Travel http://www.orienttravels.com/otta/Flight.aspx to check what they have for Eid holidays. The booking manager, a Filipina was ever friendly. She helped me choose the package that suits my budget. And for long hours of choosing, I finally decided to go on a bus and dhow tour in Khassab, Oman.
The Bus will us up at 6 am sharp and it will take 4 hours of travel.
Requirements in crossing the border of Oman:
valid passport with valid UAE visa.
fee: 14 $ or 50 UAE dirham

Our long and winding road trip to Khassab.
The trip from dubai to Oman is 4 hours drive, long yet fun. You take photos of the beach road, still preserved though construction is everywhere in UAE and Oman, the beach water is still and blue reflecting the sky. It was really relaxing. We stop over to some musems and fort. and continue to our journey. The visa , which we had it stamped in the border took a little while because it is holiday and there are a lot of people taking the tour, but it really doesn't matter. Traveling alone, gives me the chance to talk to stranger... making friends and talk about travels and their places and my place too... my home... Philippines.  We took photographes of the road and the beach and anything else that we see. But just a reminder in taking photographs: IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED TO TAKE PHOTOS ON GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS especially WHEN CROSSING THE BORDER, please do observe local laws and customs. 



Dhow Experience.

The Gulf of Oman is a WOW. We cruise and we take scenic photos. We make friends. and chatted and exchange future plans of travels. Now in this cruise, we snorkel, and we had arabic lunch buffet and watch dolphins welcoming guests gaily(i think). It is a great experience indeed when people from different walks of life, rich or poor mix together sharing the same passion:travel and knowledge.













Paying 100$ for the tour is worth the experience plus you have the bonus of making friends.




Comments