Baguio - Sagada- Banaue Getaway

Christmas 2014... A date to remember... forever.

It is a planned holiday of a lifetime. Not just because I will be spending it with my family but I will be able to fulfill my dream to have a trip to Baguio- Sagada-Banaue.. in just 3 days.

After months of preparation and planning.. thing to do, location, accommodation and transportation, I realized my dream.But, not that easy though. December 24, when it started to rain and it was predicted that there is a typhoon entering Philippine area of responsibility. Morning of December 24 after my shift when it started to rain so hard. I prayed. Not just for my trip not to be cancelled but of course for the safety of those who will be affected. We don't want them to spend a sad Christmas. Night of the same day, we are watching the news and keep ourselves updated of the weather. I said, God if this is a sign that I should not push thru with my trip, so be it. But Dec. 25, the sun shine. I was happy. But again, transportation is a major concern because there were trips that was cancelled the previous day and I have to take chances to hop for a ride. But that did not hinder me on fulfilling my Christmas wish.

Yes. I went to Cubao to take the Victory bus to Baguio. As expected, I am on a chance passenger list. weew! 

Dec25,2014, at 730 pm we arrived in Baguio. The weather was perfect. Cold, misty. I have to find for a place to stay. Another challenge. All hostels were booked and I was offered for a night stay of 3500.00. That is pricey! I did not submit to that. I tried my luck to go to the tourism office. Luckily, I was offered 750 a night in a hostel. Not bad. 

Dec. 26, we woke up early to visit sites in Baguio, but what is memorable for me is the taste of Kare kare in Begang. The place is not so known to everyone. So we have to bear the pain of walking around and asking almost everyone for the place. The adventure was not wasted. Because the food, the ambiance and the weather is perfect. Added to it is a dash of love, when you share your Christmas holiday with a person you love. I may say, an answer to my prayer. Not part of my Christmas wish but God works in a wondrous way. On Christmas Day I found my love. Spend days and breakfast in Begang. What else could I ask for?
Kare Kare ala Begang Grill



Coffee at Begang sprinkled with Love
After spending time at Begang, we went Lourdes Grotto. It has been a while since I walked farther than I normally does at work.lol. But it was all worth it.






I often take the road less traveled when I visit the place. Not the usual places where people take photographs. But off course it is also a must. 
Because I have a very hectic schedule, we have to follow our plan. We went to the terminal for our Sagada trip. But what else can I say? The trip was all but a game of chances. Again... we can't get a ticket to Sagada for one main reason. It is Christmas day and all buses are full. We tried another terminal, same case. Loosing hope. Not on my vocabulary. Then we meet 2 random strangers, like us, looking for a transport to Sagada. God send angels in disguise. Then we found friends. Yes, we became a team. To look for our transport. Indeed we are blessed. After hours of looking for a lift, we were offered a van, for 2000 pesos to take us to Sagada. Yes! Then off we go. Mike and Darwin became our friend and as well as the driver.
When we reached Sagada, It was already dark and we don't have a place to stay. I know, that trip was a mess. But never loose hope. The driver was so helpful that he went from one transient to another to help us find a place to stay, but to no avail. I told him that he can go back to Batad, where he lives because it is already late night. We can manage... I believe. Then we started searching. I told my friends that if we can't find a place to stay, we can use the police station to safe keep us. lol. It was meant to be a joke, but I mean it as well. But God never forsake those who believe. We started to ask from one place to Another. The best thing that happen, someone offered us a room for only 350 per person. 
Living area

Dining

Upper deck

Our bed in our room


The adventure continue.

Here are some pictures we took in our trip in Sagada.


Hanging Coffin



Pinikpikan... a must try


Cave spelunking




tourism office




Mike and Darwin




 An our trip will not be complete without the Rice Terraces.








Not a white Christmas, but the most wonderful Christmas I ever had. Looking forward for another Christmas trip... 

Comments